MIA is actively looking for an enthusiastic adventurer as our Tour Guide to various cities and countries around the world. We expect our guides to be pillars of our company, so an ideal applicant will be sociable, punctual, passionate about exploring and learning cultures of different countries around the world and open to learn and enjoy the company of our clients and their personalities.
Please read more about our company and our goals here: (‘about us’ page Link)
If you share our passion to travel the world and show others the adventures this world has to offer, please apply today. We look forward to have you grow within our company
Overall Responsibilities: Tour guides will lead (scripted) educational tours of several touristic destinations to groups of 15 people or less, and assist our clients with general tour information.
- Regularly informing our clients about the itinerary for each tour and ensuring that day to day planned activities occur in an scheduled manner- including transportation and accommodation.
- Familiarizing yourself with the culture and history of the tour destinations.
- Making sure that the group adheres and follows local laws, regulations, or rules of specific destinations.
- Follow all safety guidelines and ensure that guests remain within designated areas.
- Responding to emergency situations: remaining calm during stressful situations; and handling a group of panicking people.
- Assisting tourists with special needs like senior citizens, people with disabilities, and people with children.
- Record and report daily activities to immediate supervisor.
- Prior experience as a Tour Guide is advantageous.
- Possess great communication skills in English and Hindi. Multilingual skills are given more preference.
- Converse effectively with large groups of people of various ages, educational, ethnic and economic backgrounds
- In an effort to keep up with our clients of all ages, candidate must be in good physical condition to take part in outdoor activities such as hiking, trekking, kayaking and other adventures, stand for extended periods of time, able to lift a minimum of 50 pounds.
- Must be able to pass criminal background check.
- Full-time, Part-time, Internship.
- Paid in Salary or per day depending on experience and job type.